Telltale Games happen to be busy little bees it seems and today the company revealed several details about their upcoming Batman series they originally announced last year. In addition, the company also offers a big announcement to create tomorrow about two other series, one being Minecraft Storymode (the appearance of Episode 5) and a new series coming in the near future which currently is remaining nameless until tomorrow’s announcement.
If you were looking to see some screenshots or perhaps a new trailer for the upcoming Batman series, that will not be happening because it is still too early in its development. However, Telltale Games did reveal newer and more effective details today by what to anticipate story-wise which this will be pretty gritty. They also revealed that this series is going to be debuting come july 1st, therefore we do not have that long to hold back now.
New details about Batman series:
– Batman is the perfect character for that studio to explore inside a Telltale series, giving they the opportunity to dive deeper in to the mind of the man behind the mask. Each night, Bruce Wayne chooses to change Gotham for that better. They wants to explore what the consequences have the player’s actions when decisions made as Bruce possess a critical effect on his nightly crusade as Batman, and the other way around. Certain key situations will give the player the decision to approach a scene as Bruce or Batman, with consequences for sides.
– Fresh interpretation of the universe set in current times, not associated with any existing iteration of Batman in games, film, or comics. Story will focus on Bruce and Batman, no study of the extended ‘Bat-family,’ (Robin, Nightwing, etc.) Fans can get certain series staples for example Alfred Pennyworth, Vicki Vale, James Gordon, and Renee Montoya. Telltale looks to help keep the villains more tightly under wraps until nearer to the premiere.
– Certain characters have a deeply personal relationship with Bruce in the private life, and decisions made as Bruce or Batman will affect their paths towards corruption or redemption.
– The player’s actions can help shape the Gotham that Bruce handles during the day, as well as the criminals that Batman faces at night.
– Team is investing in a non-photorealistic interpretation of the universe, enhancing engine and technology to provide a far more seamless living comic book art direction. Taking inspiration from the works well over 75 many years of artists for example Jim Lee, Greg Capullo, and Neal Adams.
– Like some other Telltale series, the sport is going to be landing at M (Mature 17+) rating, and the cinematic approach will feel more similar to an R-rated film.
So that’s it. When screenshots/trailers become available, we will post an update. When it comes to Minecraft Storymode and whatever the new series Telltale Games will be announcing tomorrow, we will post all those details as soon as they become available. In case you missed it, you should check out the Batman teaser trailer below.
Official Website: Telltale Games Blog