Fran Bow is really a point-and-click adventure game which was successfully funded on IndieGoGo and released onto PC (via Steam) in 2013. The developers, Killmonday Games, has finally ported it over to Android, so fans can now play this game on the go.
For those of you unfamiliar with farmville, Fran Bow is really a bit of a dark game in theme. It’s about a 10-year old girl, named Fran Bow who’s struggling with a mental disorder and an unfair destiny, and has unfortunately witnessed the gruesome and mysterious lack of her parents, found dismembered at their home after being murdered. Like I said, it’s a dark theme that this game has.
Anyways, because the story goes:
After witnessing all that, Fran rushes in to the woods, along with her only friend, Mr. Midnight, a black cat that Fran had previously received as a present from her parents. In the forest, Fran adopts shock over the loss of her parents and when she recovers, she’s at Oswald Asylum, an oppressive mental institution for children, and Mr. Midnight is nowhere found. After having a dream of her beloved cat, Fran decides to flee in the mental institution to find him and go back home to Aunt Grace, her only living relative.
Fran Bow Features:
– Story driven creepy psychological horror adventure game.
– Unique and peculiar hand drawn 2D Art-Style and 2D animation.
– Self administer medication to spread out the terrible hidden world that can help solve puzzles and discover objects.
– A big number of puzzles designed with different amounts of difficulty and specifically based on the story.
– Three arcade inspired mini-games all with different art style to be part of the transitions in the story.
– Interactive and often playable pet cat, Mr Midnight.
– 50+ interactive unique characters with unique personalities.
– Original Soundtrack.
So the aim of this game is to escape the mental institute one happens to now reside in after the murder of the parents and subsequent mental breakdown. Did I mention this was a pretty dark game? Fran Bow is really quite a large game too, and it is split up into chapters.
For those of you attempting to pick farmville up, you’ll cough up a flat $1.96 to seize Chapter 1 and begin playing. Each additional chapter, which there’s a total of four more (5 chapters in most), also cost $1.96 too. You should check out a clip for Fran Bow below.
Fran Bow Chap. 1 (Playboard) | Fran Bow Chap. 1 (Play Store)