Released by mobrix, Gundbird II is really a new entry in to the bullet hell Gunbird franchise. Like other entries in this genre, players will fly overhead, dodging enemy projectiles while shooting down as much as possible. Within this game, players are controlling a flying character, as opposed to a gunship of sorts.
There are a total of six different characters in this game, though five of these have to be unlocked in order to become playable. Players will earn gold left behind when enemies are destroyed, which could then be allocated to things such as life, extra bombs, slots to carry more bombs, and so forth. The controls are pretty straight forward, and employ a combination of virtual buttons and swiping. The player’s character auto fires, and moves within the direction that players drag their fingers. There’s a couple of buttons available, for either short or long range special attacks, and bombs.
Gunbird II Features:
– Unique characters and interesting story: Each character has own story and special ending. Gun Bird’s infinite attraction dissimilar to other simple flying game
– Fun from endlessly unfolding various stage: Various stage formats with all around the world like a background
– Fantastic partner flying like double players’ game: If you buy a partner, you can fly with two character by yourself
– Harmony of splendid lethal move and powerful skill: Each character has own lethal move which can activate at the critical moment
– The amount can be enjoyed by women and men of all ages: 3 levels readily available for everyone to enjoy
– Giant boss that fills in the screen: Various bosses appear at each stage
The game has got the faux 16-bit style graphics, and it has the design of playing a classic Neo Geo coin-op. Gunbird II is available free of charge from Google Play, and also includes optional IAPs as well. You could check out the game in action using its trailer below in front of downloading it.
Gunbird II (Playboard) | Gunbird II (Play Store)