Vector Unit, which started off as a two-man team making epic racing games, has revealed that the newest accessory for their Riptide GP franchise today, called Riptide GP: Renegades, is nearly ready for launch. Following in the footsteps of their predecessors, this new Riptide GP game is all about racing on ultra-realistic water with incredibly fast jetskis.
However, unlike its older brethren, Riptide GP: Renegades offers quite a bit more action-based gameplay to it, with players needing to do things like outrun cops in certain stages. Of course you still be able to bust out all the big stunts you can do while flying with the air after giving yourself a speed boost before hitting a ramp. Nevertheless there is a larger Career Mode than previous games, players will also have both split-screen local multiplayer, in addition to online multiplayer to partake in.
Riptide GP: Renegades Features:
– Next Gen Water Racing: Vector Unit’s first game since Hydro Thunder Hurricane to be designed in the ground up for modern consoles, RGP:R sets the bar for dynamic water racing, with breathtaking dynamic water physics, splash-tastic spray effects, and more!
– Thrill-Ride Environments: Evade police boats and drones when you blast through vast interactive race environments packed with interactive elements, secret shortcuts, and animated obstacles.
– Deep Career Mode: Battle the right path through a variety of race types and boss fights to achieve the top underground hydro jet racing circuit. Earn XP and funds to upgrade and customize your hydro jet, unlock new stunts, and increase your rider’s performance.
– On the internet and Split Screen Multiplayer: Compete online from the best players all over the world C or against your pals in split screen local multiplayer matches (having a mix of human and AI racers).
– 1080p / 60fps: Silky smooth, blisteringly fast racing action C even in split screen!
Riptide GP: Renegades will also have a much more customization than previous titles in the series. Players will be able to upgrade stats of the favorite jetski while customizing the colours, decals, numbers, and more, all of which can be achieved in the money you win from races. Vector Unit even put this little nugget of information available which possibly implies lots of cool stuff: [Players can collect a] garage full of blistering fast hydro jets that transform when you ride them. The transforming part has myself intrigued.
For people looking to snap up a duplicate of Riptide GP: Renegades, you do not have a wait left in front of you, since Vector Unit is proclaiming that it’ll be finally arriving on all platforms this Spring 2016. Meanwhile, you can check out more screenshots and it is new trailer below.
Developer Website: Vector Unit